Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Response to Robin's blog

Taryn M said...
Robin,My parents also have a problem with living together before marriage: they believe there are no statistics showing that living together prevents divorce. Of course I respected their wishes and married my husband without living together first. So, so sorry that I did that. Evenutally will get divorced but can't bring myself to kick him out yet. I think I would have known what I was getting into had I lived with him first. But you never know. Maybe I already knew and chose to ignore it. Having said all that: no one should be judged for living with someone before or after marriage. It's what works for them, right?Taryn

1 comment:

  1. Taryn -

    That is exactly what I thought when my daughter told me about the key - better to find out now than later. She is living with him for about two years and has recently got engaged. Does that mean that her marriage will absolutely not fail - of course not -- but I truly believe that living together and getting to know each other - REALLY - will help in having a better marriage. I wish that I had - but years' ago - it definitely was a taboo - my mother probably wouldn't have disowned me at the time. Do I think that I'm a more modern mother - maybe - or just think - is living together the worse thing in life?

    ReplyDelete