Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Respose to Nik B.

Nik-I think, for me, there is a generational answer to that question. I was raised in the 1960s and 1970s by parents who have 1950s morals. While I find the humor of these teen comedies trite and boring, I see the appeal to the younger generation of men. I find it difficult to imagine that girls find this amusing but maybe I'm a bit out of touch. I did watch "American Pie" but this film was not marketed to my demographic. I did find some things in the film funny - but generally speaking, I considered this a "guy flik," like "Hollywood Knights" and even "Animal House."
I'm never offended by these films because I think there is a market for them - I just choose to watch other films.
But seriously, dude, why would you rent "American Pie" when you're girlfriend isn't feeling well. You're supposed to rent a "chick flik" which I'm sure is a taboo saying in this class.
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment