Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Response to Tiffany's Blog #4

Tiffany,
Your post was interesting to me because for some reason, I completely understand this guy's references. I don't agree with them, of course, but I can see why he thinks that. First though, you didn't say how old this guy is, nor did you mention if he was "in shape" and what his background is. There are definitely generational differences in the way women and men think. If he's in shape, men find it interesting that a woman can "pack it away." As for the messiness of the sandwich, sometimes men think that women should be "dainty" and eat "dainty foods." Let's face it, girls, when we go on a date, are we really eating an entire pizza (like we can do at home in our sweats watching Grey's Anatomy) - could I sound more sexist? But it's sort of true - if we're interested in someone, we really don't want them to see us "pig out." But if we aren't interested in them "like that," then who cares?
I used to own a bookstore and I remember hearing people categorize books as "guy" books and "women's lit." Guy books were Tom Clancy books, military fiction and women's lit or Chick Lit was Bridget Jones' Diary. And somehow, I understood that. Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment